1. What's your favorite color? Green, I LOVE green.
2. What's your favorite ice cream? Ice cream? Bi-Rite Creamery's salted caramel or Eataly's dark chocolate gelato, or most anything at Paris' Berthillon. Also I like a nice cheap pink peppermint ice cream at Christmastime.
3. What's your favorite purple? My favourite purple?
4. What's your favorite flower? I like narcissi and antique roses, for their scent. But exotic and classic tulips for their look.
5. What is your all time favorite song? La Mer, an old 50s song that was also recorded in English, a somewhere beyond the sea...but in French it is...you know, more atmospheric.
6. When did you move for the first and last time? First time I moved to Jerusalem. Last time I moved to the backwoods of Hampshire, UK.
7. What is your favorite US city to visit? I don't know which my favorite US city is. San Francisco and NYC I love. But haven't been to many others. Like Taos. New Orleans. Portland. And I know there are many others I could fall in love with but haven't been. Chicago, pretty cool.
8. What is the last book you read? Read May We Be Forgiven a little a week or two ago, then Rosemary's Baby, and just finished a book by Lisa See but don't remember the title. About China in the 50s, 60s, novel but historical and personal.
9. Four Square or Tetherball? Four Ssquare or tetherball: tough call. i liked them both. I think I got more excited over tetherball though.
10. Favorite childhood meal? Favourite childhood meal would have been the weekly Chinese dinner or the weekly Mexican one.
11. OOGIAH means cookie. What is your favorite kind? The thing about oogiah is it's such a great word, and not only does it taste yummy to say it, but in plural it is even yummier: oogiot. something about saying oogiot just makes me happy! Having said that, well, iIm not a big cookie person. It's gotta be an intensely flavoured cookie whatever it is. A good choc chunk with caramelized batter sort of thing, and crisp when you bite into it. On the other hand, once I start eating cookies suddenly I remember how wonderful they can be! And when this happens, I'm all in for ginger snaps, with a lotta ginger and spice!
Notes by OOGIAH:
Ice Cream: Bi-Rite Creamery ~ Eataly ~ Berthillon ~ Peppermint Stick (there are many brands of this flavor)
Song: La Mer by Charles Trénet
Book: May We Be Forgiven by A.M. Homes ~ Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin ~ Dreams of Joy by Lisa See
Cookie: Ginger Snaps
Find out more about Marlena Spieler here.
*The first four questions were created by a five-year-old. And the last seven were written by her mom.
Posted by Rachel Teichman