1. What's your favorite color? Phthalo Blue (Red Shade)...I know that's specific, but I love using that color in my paintings.
2. What's your favorite ice cream? It's a tossup between Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk, and Tin Roof Sundae from the ice cream shop in Columbia State Historic Park in the Gold Country.
3. What's your favorite purple? Figs
4. What's your favorite flower? Plumeria
5. What is your all time favorite song? There are so many, but the top picks: "Blackbird," by the Beatles; "Major Tom," Peter Schilling or David Bowie (depending on my mood); "Mad World," Gary Jules; "Why Should I Care," Diana Krall; "Ain't That a Kick in the Head," Dean Martin; and I could go on. It all depends on my mood.
6. When did you move for the first and last time? The summer before I started 5th grade, and 1994
7. What is your favorite US city to visit? Hanalei, Kauai. I don't know if it's big enough to call a city, so as much as I feel lucky to have grown up with beautiful San Francisco, if I had to pick a city out of the area, I'd choose Washington, D.C. where there are sooooo many activities and things to do and see.
8. What is the last book you read? People of the Book, Geraldine Brooks
9. Four Square or Tetherball? I am the Tetherball queen! When I was in 4th grade, I won matches against the middle school kids.
10. Favorite childhood meal? Grilled cheese
11. OOGIAH means cookie. What is your favorite kind? Semi-sweet chocolate chip
Notes by OOGIAH:
Color: Phthalo Blue
Ice Cream: Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk & Tin Roof Sundae at Fallon Ice Cream Parlor
Songs: "Blackbird" by the Beatles; "Space Oddity" by David Bowie; "Mad World" by Gary Jules; "Why Should I Care" by Diana Krall & "Ain't That a Kick in the Head" by Dean Martin;
Book: People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
Cookie: The Nestlé Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is a classic.
Find out more about Joelle Burnette here.
*The first four questions were created by a five-year-old. And the last seven were written by her mom.
Posted by Rachel Teichman