The Gelt Giving Golem tells the tale of a friendly character who was formed from clay by a rabbi on the first night of Hanukkah. The Hanukkah Golem teaches children to practice Tikun O'lam (repairing the world). The Golem can be found doing silly activities at home every morning, and will share chocolate gelt with children who are well-behaved during the holiday.
Carolyn shares some of her favorite treats here.
1. What's your favorite color? My favorite color is purple.
2. What's your favorite ice cream? My favorite ice cream is Oreo (I still remember stopping at Robert's Ice Cream and ordering this for the first time).
3. What's your favorite purple? My favorite purple is lavender.
4. What's your favorite flower? My favorite flower is a sunflower, or anything my kids pick for me.
5. What is your all time favorite song? My all time favorite song is "While My Guitar Gently Weeps," (check out the Ukulele version on Youtube).
6. When did you move for the first and last time? I moved to Ithaca for college in 1990 and have never left.
7. What is your favorite US city to visit? My favorite city to visit is Boston 'cause its the closest city to Cape Cod.
8. What is the last book you read? My book club just read Clash of Civilizations Over an Elevator in Piazza Vittorio, which was the Cornell all-school reading project.
9. Four Square or Tetherball? Four square (but I called it box ball).
10. Favorite childhood meal? Chinese food (Jewish + from Long Island + Sunday Nights).
11. OOGIAH means cookie. What is your favorite kind? Chocolate chip (in Ithaca you need to watch out and make sure they are not vegan).
Notes by OOGIAH:
Song: "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
Book: Clash of Civilizations Over an Elevator in Piazza Vittorio, by Amara Lakhous
Find out more about Carolyn Greenwald here.
*The first four questions were created by a five-year-old. And the last seven were written by her mom.
Posted by Rachel Teichman